1. Review the subject matter together for upcoming tests.
2. Make sure your child rests well the night before each test.
3. Serve your child a light, healthy breakfast on test day.
4. Have your child dress comfortably and arrive at school on time.
5. Send your child off to school with words of praise and support.
6. Suggest that your child do deep breathing exercises to relax before the test begins.
7. Tell your child to follow directions carefully, and ask questions if something is not clear.
8. Advise your child to do the easiest parts of the test first, then the rest.
9. Remind your child to check over answers before turning in the test.
10. Encourage wanting to do well, but stress that one test won't measure all your child can do.